Apply for grant
Public Engagement Grant 2019
Terms and Conditions
1. The project must clearly demonstrate how it will effectively engage the general public with applied microbiology, including comprehensive description of evaluation of the success of the project in doing so.
2. SfAM must be acknowledged in any publications/communications that arise from the work. In addition, a feature report about their SfAM funded work (500 to1000 words) must be provided for Microbiologist magazine.
3. SfAM members who apply for this grant should normally have been a Full Member of the Society for a minimum of 12 months and have paid their second consecutive subscription to be eligible to apply.
4. Non-members who apply for this grant should have been working in the area of Science Communication/Public Engagement for more than one year prior to applying for this grant. Proof of this should be provided on application. Failure to do so will result in your application not being considered.
5. Applicants may only apply for this grant once in any two-year period.
6. A successful candidate will receive funds payable to their institution only. Claims for reimbursement must be made within 6 weeks of the date of the project. Claims made after this period will not be paid.
7. Applicants must provide evidence in their application on how they intend to promote SfAM.
8. From January 2018 there is no deadline to apply for this grant, but events must start at least six weeks after the application is submitted.