Statistics for Microbiologists
Including ISO 16140
Statistics for industry has been providing training for microbiologists for over 30 years. Their courses are renowned for their practical approach with experienced and enthusiastic tutors who pride themselves in explaining methods simply.
This three-day course is designed specifically for those carrying out microbial analysis in industry, research and public authority laboratories. Theory is kept to a minimum and focus is on the practical relevance to your work. You will get hands-on experience of analysing data using up-to-date software packages and will leave confident of your ability to use the methods back at your workplace. There are also free problem-solving and consultancy sessions during the course - bring along your problems and data challenges from your work and the tutors will be happy to give you free advice.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Estimate and reduce errors due to methods and sampling
- Estimate repeatability and reproducibility
- Choose a suitable sampling strategy
- Successfully validate test methods to ISO 18140
- Test whether differences between samples are significant
- Compare traditional and rapid emthods for colony counting
- Estimate bacterial density at different dilutions
- Set up and apply control charts
- Understand the design and analysis of proficiency trials
- Understand the requirements of ISO 16140