Your abstract must meet the below criteria. Abstracts not meeting these criteria will be returned. Please email email@example.com with your abstract.
- Maximum 300 words, NOT including the abstract title and authors’ details
- All fields must be completed
- Abstract must be in Arial, font size 12
- Do not indent new paragraphs
- Write in sentence case for your abstract, the authors’ details and the title of the paper
- When entering the names of the authors please follow this format: Title, first name, surname, affiliation, town/city of affiliation, country of affiliation e.g. Lucy Harper, Society for Applied Microbiology, Bedford, UK
- Save your submission with the surname and first initial of the presenting author e.g. Harperl.doc
- Please email abstract (postal submissions will not be accepted) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the following required information before you insert the text of your abstract:
Main contact name:
Main contact telephone number:
Main contact email address:
Name of the author who will attend the conference to present this paper:
One author of the paper must register to attend the conference by 23 January 2019
Would you like your abstract to be considered for?
A poster presentation? Y N
An oral presentation? Y N
Please make sure that you delete the guidance notes below before submitting your abstract. These are for your reference but should not form part of your abstract.
Paper title: enter the paper title here, use sentence case, do not put capitals at the beginning of each word unless a capital letter is needed – Arial, bold 12pt
Type author(s) name(s) here - first name, surname - use (1), (2) etc. after each author’s name to correspond with the affiliation below
Type author(s) affiliation(s) here – organisation, town/city, country - use (1), (2) etc. after each affiliation listed to correspond with the authors’ names above
Enter your abstract under the headings below. The entire abstract (which includes the headings listed below but not the paper title or authors’ names and affiliations) should be no more than 300 words long. It should be in Body Text style, font Arial 12pt, range left, unjustified and single line spacing. Please use the following headings.
Enter your aims here in Body Text style, font Arial 12pt, range left, unjustified and single line spacing.
Methods and results
Enter your methods and results here in Body Text style, font Arial 12pt, range left, unjustified and single line spacing.
Enter your conclusions here in Body Text style, font Arial 12pt, range left, unjustified and single line spacing.
Significance of study
Enter your significance of study here in Body Text style, font Arial 12pt, range left, unjustified and single line spacing.
If necessary, give simple numbered references at the end of your paper. References should be referred to in the text using bracketed numerals e.g. (1)
- Author surnames and initials in bold with a comma after each name except the last.
- Publication year in brackets followed by a full stop.
- Title followed by a full stop.
- Source, City, Publisher and Page References where appropriate, with NO final full stop.
Ashton, D, Davies, B, Felstead, A and Green, F (1999). Work Skills in Britain. Oxford: ESRC Centre on Skills, Knowledge and Organisational Performance