Join the UK Food Standards Agency's expert committees
29 Nov 2018
The Food Standards Agency Chair, Heather Hancock, and the Chief Scientific Adviser, Professor Guy Poppy, are inviting applications to join three of FSA’s independent Scientific Advisory Committees including three new joint expert groups.
About the role
The FSA is looking for committed, highly capable and motivated people to provide independent, expert advice, helping to ensure food produced or sold in the UK is safe and effectively regulated. You will provide independent expert assessment and advice on microbiological, chemical and other risks in food and feed, and in new food and feed products, additives, processes and packaging. Your work will contribute directly to ensuring the safety of food, benefitting UK consumers and the effective, evidence-based regulation of food.
The FSA is looking for approximately 40 new members to join their existing committees and new joint expert groups.
New members will increase the depth and range of expertise in three existing committees:
- The Committee on Toxicity (COT)
- The Advisory Committee on the Microbiological Safety of Food (ACMSF)
- The Advisory Committee on Novel Foods and Processes (ACNFP)
A number of these roles will focus on assessment of risk in relation to applications for new regulated products, working in three new joint expert groups.
- Food Contact Materials – a joint group of COT and ACMSF.
- Additives, Enzymes and Other Regulated Products – a joint group of COT and ACMSF.
- Animal Feed and Feed Additives – a joint group of COT, ACMSF and the Advisory Committee on Animal Feedingstuffs (ACAF).
How to apply
If you are interested in being considered for committee membership, download the application form and information pack from the FSA recruitment page.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is: Friday 4th January 2019
Interviews for shortlisted applicants will take place in February 2019.