Microbiologist - Instructions for advertisers
17 Oct 2018
Launched over 15 years ago, Microbiologist is the official magazine of the Society for Applied Microbiology. Published four times per year, the magazine is issued free of charge to all society members.
We currently circulate about 10,000 copies of the magazine each year, with an additional 50,000 views online. As well as going to all our members, magazines are distributed to our partner organisations, online and at meetings throughout the year.
Our annual advertisers' package is priced at £450 (+ VAT) per year, and provides the following:
- A quarter page advert in each issue of the Microbiologist (saving 62% off the full price)
- Company news of up to 200 words in each issue of the Microbiologist magazine
- 50% off additional larger adverts in the Microbiologist magazine
The latest copy dates for the submission of advertisements for Microbiologist are:
- Vol 20; No. 1 March 2019: 22 January 2019
- Vol 20; No. 2 June 2019: 23 April 2019
- Vol 20; No. 3 September 2019: 16 July 2019
- Vol 20; No. 4 December 2019: 15 October 2019
Single issue advertising costs
- Full page colour, £650
- Quarter page colour, £300
- Half page colour, £500
- Eighth page colour, £150
- Full page colour special positions: Inside front cover, inside back cover, or outside back cover, £720.00
Corporate Members receive 50% off the above rates.
Full page BLEED
- 297mm x 210mm
- (300 mm x 213mm with bleed)
- 277mm x 180mm (type area)
- 260mm x 180mm
- 250mm x 170mm (type area)
Half page landscape
- 128mm x 180mm
- 118mm x 170mm (type area)
- 128mm x 88mm
- 118mm x 78mm (type area)
Eighth page landscape
- 62mm x 88mm
- 56mm x 82mm (type area)
Type area : no vital matter (text) should fall outside this area
- Magazine format : 4 colour offset-litho. 60pp, perfect bound.
- Artwork MUST be supplied as PDF/x-1a files ONLY
- You MUST ensure your artwork is the CORRECT SIZE for the advert you have booked (88mm wide x 128mm deep for quarter page adverts)
- Colours should be in CMYK and not RGB or any other format
- Images must be at high resolution of 300dpi or greater
Advertisements which do not meet these specifications may be rejected.