Microbiologist – Instructions to authors
17 Oct 2018
Articles and graphics can be submitted to the editor by email with photographs and illustrations attached as separate files.
Please ensure images are as high res as possible. They are for print publication.
Articles and illustrations may be modified to meet editorial demands and may appear prior or subsequent to print, in full or edited form, on the SfAM website.
Suggested guidance for style and referencing
Suggested guidance for formatting.
- Microsoft Word document
- No embedded tables, images, or diagrams – please supply these separately as graphics files
Suggested guidance for graphics and artwork
- Please include a portrait of yourself.
- If you wish to suggest an illustration but do not have access to an appropriate image, please let us know as we may be able to source or produce something.
- Please supply images in the largest and highest resolution (largest file size) version you have available
- Digital diagrams, graphs and tables should be supplied by email and not embedded in the document
- All text, images, and illustrations are accepted on the understanding that they become copyright of the Society for Applied Microbiology unless alternative arrangements are made in advance of publication.